Saturday, October 21, 2006

Balla Baybe

Today’s game; 21st October 2006, I held the ball in my hand and looked up to the rim. I could see my move … dribble pass the defender … go in between two defenders … jump up … pull the ball back down a bit then put it through the hoop and score the basket! Damn it felt good. It felt great sweating my butt out for a good game. Forget the aches and pains, point matters. Win one, two, three games in a row. Then sit back and feel great about the good game I just had. This is me, I don’t need fancy dressings; I can go out with shorts and t-shirt and enjoy how my life goes. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays has a basketball session. How I missed the feel of the ball being released from my hand and goes into the hoop … make the crowd go awe because a chick just drive in and was foul 3 times on the way to the hoop. I have it again. That’s me. I don’t need to go clubbing or dancing. I can dance too … on the court. I got the shakes that would make you quake, the fries that can cross your eyes and I just got myself that I love so much. It is true they say love yourself before you can love others. I love myself knowing I can play basketball once again. Getting back the kind of game I know I can play. Hell, I’m back on court! I am purely a “balla baybee”, undeniably. It will always be that game that defines me. I think somehow I am missing out the best part of all this. As I drive to the hoop or take a shot … there’s this one person eyeing me from one corner watching my every move and loving me for all of it. If I had a lousy game he’d look to me and ask, “Where’s my baybee?” Stop pretending to play, play the game with PASSION. I have passion not just in the game but with you.

I have the ball in my hand and where do you think I am going? Left right? Ah yes, I don’t have a left but I can still put the ball in no matter how many times you try to stop me! I know where I’m going … to your arms where it feels like home sweet home. Psst psst … no one can stop me ;)

No comments: