Wednesday, September 20, 2006

You, Me and Us

My eyes are watery. My cheeks are red. My sides hurt. My heart aches. My tummy’s in a twist. It’s not because I’m hurt or sad but because of one man and one man alone, the one who conquered my heart and now has made my life filled with laughter. I thought I am cookie enough to make the world laugh but this one man makes me laugh.

Officially we have been together for one month. In one month we had our ups and downs. The first week was a piece of cake. The second and third week came a bit rough. The fourth week we were heading towards the finish line holding hands to receive the trophy together. Superb month, as I said it can be sum up into 3 words. “There’s a beginning, middle and hope there is no end.”

We have dreams; wants; hopes. What we want is being together as long as we could. My life hasn’t been this swell in years and the only people who able to do this for me was me. Now you’ve came along. I had managed to make basketball my life. You being in my life now, made you my life. Where have you been all this while? Just across the court unnoticeable cause devotion to the one you love. Where have I been all this while? On the other side of court devoted to the thing I love. Funny how someone fits so well in your life, there’s nothing you need to alter or change. I can be just myself and you accept just that way. I’m not saying this because you’ve said it, I’m saying this cause I can actually prove to you I haven’t change one bit just to fit in with you.

The missing piece huh? You don’t need to cut the edges to fit it in or change the colours or anything else. It just fits. I have bruises all over but it’s all because of basketball. Those are the colours of my personality you seem to understand it. Pain is what builds me up. Pain on the court shows I played my best to be the best I can. You see that. Is there more I need to say about us?

We’re a couple of oddballs when put together. “Let’s throw mash potatoes at them and see how they like it.” Let’s hide away the mash potatoes and put snowballs instead at least we’d have a blast! I need to look for the words so it comes out right. Everything feels so right. Everything fits so well. Everything has been so wonderful. You have been wonderful. Having you in my life has been great. The world that seemed never to have meaning in their words now has meaning once again.

I’m not afraid to fall because I know you’d catch me. I’m no longer sad all the time because you make me laugh always. Silence has not had its chance to accompany us. Sadness has met his match.

Darling, you’ve build a mansion for us it’s time to start a family so stop shooting blanks.

No comments: